Sunday, December 8, 2013

The Awkward School Secret Santa Gift



It has happened to all of us. Each year we have that class that decides to do a secret santa. You are all excited until you pick the name of the person you did not even realize was in your class. This happened to me this year with a class set limit of $5 total. So I decided to play it safe, generic and festive. So with the magical combination of Target and a local dollar store I made the gift above happen for 5 dollars. Without further ado, here is how to save yourself from an awkward secret santa:


  • Food: Its everybody's best friend. So if your stumped on what to get, just overload your cart with assorted festive foods like cookies, candy canes, chocolate, and lollipops. I found my snowman sugar cookie, lollipop, and chocolate box at my local dollar store (but, obviously, you could find it everywhere).
  • Stereotypical Holiday Items: The classics everyone loves like mugs, fuzzy socks, mini Bath and Body Works hand sanitizers, and gloves. You really can not go wrong with these because people can find use for all these items. 
  • Festive Party Accessories: You may not be able to get them an ugly christmas sweater, but you can get them the perfect accessory to top off the glorious ugliness of their sweater! These kind of items are just kind of fun to throw in to get into the holiday mood. I chose to go with a christmas tree head band  from Target. Not into headbands? Switch it for a santa or elf hat!
I hope this helps you guys with your secret santas! Are you doing a secret santa this year? Tell me your secret santa gift ideas in the comments below! Thanks for reading! 




No comments:

Post a Comment