Thursday, December 12, 2013

Essentials to Survive the Harsh Winter

Winter is a truly magical season but the freezing temperatures can really take a toll on someone. It can affect our skin and our attitude, and for me, winter seems to do this A LOT!  So for anybody presented with the issues that come with sledding season; I present to you a winter survival guide!

Essentials to Survive the Winter!

1. Let the Good Times Roll Facial Cleanser:  Two words. Sugar cookies. That is literally what this LUSH cleanser smells like. Every time I wash my face with this for some reason I imagine curling up by a fire with fresh baked cookies and watching elf. Its that awesome that it triggers fantasies. It also does not dry my skin which is a huge plus because I am cursed with extremely dry skin. One thing to note though, it that the cleanser has a clay/cream consistency and does not foam up so it is definitely a non-traditional cleanser compared to ones I usually use like Clean & Clear.

2. BEANIES!!!: When I have a bad hair day, which seems to be very often haha, and or don't want my ears to freeze off this is my go to winter accessory. These hats are just so warm and fuzzy they just make me feel so cozy, and I think they look really adorable! I got mine from Forever 21 because theirs have pompoms on top ( I LOVE DEM POMPOMS) and are not too pricey being about $5 during their current sale :)

3. Sally Hansen Gem Crush Nail Polish, Shade: ShowGirl Chic: I am a huge fan of nail polish and nail art. I love the amazing cute nail art designs for winter. Problem is, I am usually very lazy and don't want to spend a good hour on painting my nails. So instead, when I want wintery nails I will put a good few layers of this nail polish to create a snowy effect with all the small blue and silver glitter in the polish!


4. Yoga Pants: The typical saying is that diamonds are a girl's best friend, but I am pretty sure yoga pants are mine. They are just so comfortable and they can be styled so easily!I have been wearing my aerie ones so much lately that the thought of having to wear normal pants practically pains me. I'm trying to not wear them every day, but its really hard.....Ive got a long way to go haha. So, if you have not already, dive into the wonderful world of yoga pants.

5. Scented Candles: The winter blues spreads far and wide and I believe scented candles are the best way to fight it off. I believe just having a comforting scent that allows one to reminisce on joyful times can be so calming and therapeutic. With the crazy fast paced lives a lot of us live today, relaxing a little bit while a scented candle is burning can just let us take step back and de-stress (well at least for me, anyway).

6. Crew Socks: Now whenever I do decide to wear pants other than yoga pants, with boots, I always pair them with crew socks. This type of sock is vital to me so  I can keep my pants from awkwardly bunching up at the top of the boot. Also they keep you feet warmer than the shorter socks so thats always a plus!

7. Hand Lotion: During the winter, due to my naturally dry skin, my hands get so dry the skin literally starts cracking. It therefore becomes essential that I have one of these with me at all times. As an extra bonus, Bath and Body Works makes holiday themed lotions and your hands will smell amazing. Their also conveniently sized so they are great to just toss into you bag!

8. Rose Salve: I have tried lip balms of so many brands in every flavor imaginable. All those are inferior in comparison to rose salve. This stuff actually moisturizes my lips, makes them soft, and prevents them from cracking.

Thanks for reading! I hoped you enjoyed this post! If your feeling up for it, comment below your number 1 winter essential, I'm very curious!

*Disclaimer: All opinions are my own and I am not affiliated with any company*



No comments:

Post a Comment